Just like plumbing, there are generally three main stages to electrical work:
- ground work – this is where the electrician runs the cable work in the ground and connects to your meter box.
- rough-in – this is where the electrician runs their cable work through the walls inside your building
- fit-off – this is where the electrician installs your fittings such as power points, light fittings and light switches. This stage is usually done after you have finished your insulation, wall lining and painting.
- Ensure the electrician you intend to use is familiar with the type of building you are needing to run power to.
- Describe exactly what you want and make sure the electrician is licensed and confident in handling your project. (this is very important!)
For more information or help with your project or plumbing requirements contact Empire Electrical & Solar – Daniel – 0423 216 421 or Ben – 0413 560 034.
To find reputable electricians in your area, visit https://www.serviceseeking.com.au/ and enter your postcode at the top of the page.